POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WwW IRTC WIP [12.8kb] : Re: WwW IRTC WIP [12.8kb] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 22:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WwW IRTC WIP [12.8kb]
From: Hugo
Date: 15 Jan 2002 17:20:32
Message: <3c44ab30$1@news.povray.org>
OH!  Isosurface!  I should have guessed. Thanks a lot for sharing the code.
My own attemps will probably remain non-iso's cause I'm considering ways to
cover any object with snow and drifts.. And I want it to render quicker,
too.. Those big hopes won't be easy to fulfill, but it must be possible with
"trace" and a clever use of primitives / triangles as "bottom layer" for the
drifts and some blobs at the surface of them.

I've recently read articles online about the behaviour of snow in real
life.. I couldn't find much free stuff about 3d snow however.. Have you had
any luck? It would be interesting to dig into this with Pov cause there
seems to exsist very little.. I know there are some cheap looking features
in commercial modellers but that doesn't interest me.

Best wishes,
Hugo